Saturday, October 1, 2011

Who Am I? A Woman from Bucyrus Ohio.

Again, a photo from Bucyrus, Ohio.  Again, probably a connection to Ella Elizabeth Eckard and the Pennsylvania Dutch.  My educated guess is that it could possibly be either Christina Gross Eckard or Margaret Catharine Winter Eckard, both wives of Christopher Eckard.  I believe this because I am so very sure that the distinguished gentleman of the previous post is Christopher, my great-great-grandfather Eckard.  Until I am proven wrong I will go with that assumption.

To my knowledge Christina Gross Eckard was the first wife of Christopher Eckard.  He would have been twenty-seven at the time of his marriage to Christina so the possibility does exist that she was his second wife.  Christina was the daughter of Johann Gross and Dorothy Wagner Gross.  I have Christina's birth as Jan 30, 1830 in Pennsylvania.  She died in Bucyrus in 1876 when her youngest daughter, Emma, would have been only eight years old. 

Margaret Catharine Winter Eckard was Christopher's second wife.  She was considerably younger than Christina having been born in 1848.  I do not have a marriage date for Margaret but it must have been between Christina's death in July 1876 and the birth of Margaret and Christopher's first daughter, Lillie Alberta Eckard, in May 1878. 

I am descended from Christina and Christopher through their daughter Ella, one of six children from this union.  Ella was the wife of William Wood.  Their youngest son, Carl Emerson Wood was my paternal grandfather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment