Thursday, October 20, 2011

Traveling B. L. Wilson's Gallery--The Biggest Mystery of All

I am sure that years ago the traveling photo galleries were a wonderful idea.  Getting photography to the masses was probably both lucrative to the photographer and a rare treat to many people in America.
However, owning several of these traveling gallery photos presents a lot of questions.  Some of the photos in this album may never be identified but I can determine which side of the family is pictured.

Knowing that the Penn Dutch side of the family appears to be the only side that was ever in Bucyrus Ohio narrows identity down somewhat.  A photo by a traveling photographer expands the possibilities.

Once I have to rely on visual recognition I am lost.  Everyone begins to look like each other the longer I look at them.  Is it just me or does this gentlemen look like an older version of the man in the J. Daugherty photo from Ohio?  Maybe it is wishful thinking...maybe it is just that marvelous white beard....what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment