Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Photo by Hughes Photographers in Humbolt Nebraska

The only information on this photo is the photographer, Hughes of Humbolt Nebraska.  Since my ancestors, Ella Eckard and William Wood appear to have met and married in the area of Dawson, Nebraska this photo could be from either side of the family.  Any ideas?


This is a good time to recommend to Pennsylvania Dutch Societies.  The first is the Blooming Grove Historical Society.  I have enjoyed my membership even though I don't expect to ever get to visit there. I have kept the annual journals and still refer back to them as I learn more about who my ancestor were.

The second society, one which I probably feel more tied to is the one at Dawson Nebraska.  It is The Pennsylvania Historical Society of Nebraska.  They have an annual picnic in August that I hope to attend in the near future. 
It is well worth a visit to either of these sites if you believe your ancestors may have been Pennsylvania Dutch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment