Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two of My Humbolt Nebraska Mystery Photos

Humbolt is in close proximity to Dawson Nebraska where I know I can trace my family.  Ella Elizabeth Eckard moved there as an adult and had many family members in the Pennsylvania Dutch Colony at Dawson.  I believe she met and married William V. Wood there.  I know that the first four of their five children were born there.  Neither of these photos look like the one confirmed photo I have seen from Ella's early years in Dawson.  However, I have every reason to believe that these are family members or close friends.  On the back of the photo at the left there is a faint inscription that appears to read: Miss Will Woods, March the 3 1894.  What appears to initials are B.E. and beneath that E.G. S. but that part of the inscription is very hard to read.  Both of these photos were taken by Hughes Photographers in Humbolt. Do they resemble any you have seen before?

No comments:

Post a Comment